Wednesday, June 13, 2012

G.I. Joe Retaliation Postponed...

Was the first G.I. Joe a quality film? Me thinks not... But I do have to admit, after watching the previews for the next installment G.I. Joe Retaliation, I was excited to see if the second one was any better. I am even going to make a bolder statement by saying I was going to catch it in theatres when it opened this year! Which is why hearing that it has been pushed back all the way until March 29th 2013 is so disappointing. Word on the street is that it was postponed due to filmmakers wanting to 3D it up and needing to re-shoot after an audience screening.


This leads me into the purpose of this post... Why the F Dirty is everyone wanting to do movies in 3D?!? I guess the more important question is why are people watching so many movies in 3D? Obviously the filmmakers are making them in order to rake in the money, I get that... But why are they so popular? I hear that 3D movies are all the rage over seas specifically in Asia. In my opinion most of the time the 3D is pointless and ineffective because the film wasn't shot in 3D, just converted later. If it doesn't look as good as Avatar, then you might as well not bother converting it. I've actually heard from several people that 3D movies give them headaches/motion sickness. Apparently it's real in these streets!


I really don't know why I'm bitching about filmmakers releasing movies in 3D just to make money... They wouldn't make them if the public didn't go out in droves to buy tickets at $14.00 a piece!


That is all ....

No comments:

Post a Comment